As frugal as I can be, when I do travel I tend to pick the most economic hotel accommodation regardless I pay with points or money. Waking up in the morning to the most luxurious bedroom as compared to a 3 star hotel does not give me much difference in satisfaction. Most of the time, I don't travel just to spend time in the hotel watching tv or enjoying the jacuzzi tub. The tub does help after a long day of walking and sightseeing. But I can totally trade that with a good night sleep of the 3 star hotels out there, that's why backpacker places where I have to share room with others do not work for me even though it saves me lots of money.

Talking of the 3 star hotels, some IHG's properties came to my mind. Then I started to wonder about their other properties. This would help me planning my next trip better after I know what to expect from other IHG brand hotels that I have not stayed at. Perhaps, I simply just want to pamper myself once in awhile by staying at their nicest hotel brand or those hotels are the only ones that are available in the area that I will be traveling to. So here it is, the list of IHG's properties with a synopsis.


  1. InterContinental – This is their most luxurious 5-star International hotel brand. 
  2. Crowne Plaza – An upscale brand hotel located in urban centres, gateway cities and resort destinations.
  3. Hotel Indigo – A unique boutique hotel brand with personality.
  4. Holiday Inn –  3 star hotels, average quality.
  5. Holiday Inn Resorts – Compared to the regular Holiday Inns above, these resorts for the most part are nicer and above the average quality.
  6. Holiday Inn Express – As the name suggests, convenience, comfort, and good value. 
  7. Staybridge Suites – A hotel in which all the rooms have a kitchen. This is IHG’s nicest and most stylish extended stay type hotel. 
  8. Candlewood Suites – Another extended stay hotel but more budgeted. All rooms have a kitchen but not as nice as the above. 
  9. EVEN – This hotel is designed for healthy and active lifestyle travelers. Each room has weights in it. 
  10. Hauluxe – An upscale hotel brand focused on Chinese travelers.

If you enjoyed this post, sign up to receive free blog posts via email here.